Thursday 8 June 2017

Losing My Marbles over Making Marbled Paper

Marbled papers- wow this is so much fun!

In May I took a one-day workshop on European marbling at the Ottawa School of Art.  soo much fun...
Everything was ready for us... the mordanted paper, the carrageenan bath, the acrylic paint,  the combs, the whips, all at our individual station!  Ah...  le bonheur.

Nancy F., our instructor and accomplished papermaker and marbler, intertwined demonstration and creation time  with a given technique very well.  All seven of us were working franticly,   creating all kinds of patterns and color combinations.  It was amazing to see everyone's paper in the drying racks.  We each ended up with over 20 great prints.

Looking forward to another session with Nancy in the Fall!

It will be so cool to use these in my handmade books and cards.  

I am thinking of using these to make my first chinese thread book.





1 comment: