Friday 11 March 2016

Tricote cote cote Knit Knit Knit!!

There is sign of Spring, but somehow this year i found that this winter was short, and I am happy to keep knitting and knitting. This is an activity I  am not attracted to  in warmer months.  I actually got the bug recently when I was struggling with a needlepoint project i had abandoned 20 years ago, half done.  I decided to complete the needle point.  There were challenges, like many missing colours of wool (what happened to it?). a wonderful lady in a local wool shop changed my frustration around and helped me find a good enough colour match for about four missing wool bundles.  Her gentleness made a big difference in my outlook for this project:  with a bit of patience and forgiveness, I could do it! So I got going,  and again got a bit frustrated with all the little bits and spots that were not done in the needlepoint project... three stitches of this, and then one stitch of that.  I was working on that project at the end of the day, and there was not very good lighting.  One morning  I decided to  move a chair around and placed it near a south window, I also used my most recent prescription reading glasses , and position myself so that there  would be no strong shadows over the work.  That did it!!!  It was enjoyable and so zen.  It made me at peace and relaxed.  so i kept going, early every morning to work on the needlepoint project.  now it is done and I am delighted!  It is not easy to get back into unfinished business, but...quelle satisfaction!!! Now I am stretching the canvas, which is out of square, and I am thinking of a frame for it.

So getting back to knitting...  I wanted to get that feeling of peace and zen again for an hour every morning, and this knitting project has this effect on me! Sometimes, I put the Netflix fireplace on the TV, and I get lost in my thoughts. I could do it with my eyes closed.

it is very simple: Knit stitch all the time.  I love Knit stitch- point mousse en français-  it give such a soft and spongy texture to a knitting project.  There will be stripes of different colours and different height. This will be large throw for our sofa.. .for next Fall- only 6 months away!
It will be about 1,5 m wide.  i am using Cascade Yarns Eco + 100% Peruvian Highland wool.  


No comments:

Post a Comment